Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Auntie Vickie speaks to Jonathan

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1991 10:19:35 -0700
Subject: Re: Auntie Vickie speaks to Jonathan
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

Yo! vickie@chinet.chi.il.us (Vickie Ann Mapes) raps:
>Auntie Vickie here.

I think my poor spinster aunt has been using polyurethane in an unventilated
room again.  How else could you explain...

>Why, this sounds so familiar. But, I expected you to say "When the next
>album comes out, proclaim it the best thing since swiss cheese and moan
>about those who can't hear it" :-) Did your system glitch or something?

Your sarcasm detector is broken, auntie v.  You can borrow mine if you'd
like.

>> Has anyone noticed that the unfocused imagery in Love And Anger reflects
>> the pointlessness of that song's lyric?
>
>Why no, I hadn't noticed that at all. The lyrics and the video mean
>something to *me*. You don't like it because it has no meaning to you.
>Fair enough.

It doesn't mean anything to anyone with more than five functioning brain
cells.  Even Kate admits she's got no clue what it's about.  I think the
video is the outward projection of that inner confusion.  And it's crap.  I
don't buy the parody angle, not for a second.

>No problems. I've done my share of criticizing. Remember when we joined
>together in truly heart-warming unity to decry Kate's butchering of
>"Be Kind To My Mistakes" - ah the memories...

I'm trying very hard to control myself, but this is pushing me to the
limit.  Let me turn on the sarcasm generator: "ooh, vickie, you are SUCH a
rebel."

>Attitude and respect, that's what I was talking about recently. I ruined my
>point by being catty and insensitive and disrespectful myself. Maybe next
>time I'll have a better attitude about it all and not let my goat get
>gotten.

I think part of the problem is that it's REALLY fun to bait people with
tendencies to fly off the handle, eg: you.

>ps, how'd you like those Harlequin Romances?

I have absolutely no idea what you are driveling about.  Have you been
inhaling nitrous oxide without mixing in a good percentage of oxygen again?

--
Jon Drukman (now an explosive new movie)        uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
With hungered flesh obscurely, he mutely craved to adore.