Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

male p.o.v. songs

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1991 14:23:39 -0700
Subject: male p.o.v. songs
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Craig Heath writes:

>Yes, she does, but singing from a male viewpoint is not a new development
>(c.f. Ran-Tan Waltz, or This Woman's Work).

not to mention "Mother Stands for Comfort," "Cloudbusting," and possibly "In
Search of Peter Pan" (it depends on how you interpret the "She makes me
feel like an old man" line).  Hmmm.  Have I missed any more?

Jeff

--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |