Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds Digest #7.313

From: boris%typhoon.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Boris Chen)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1991 15:46:25 -0700
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds Digest #7.313
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet%agate.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator)

In article <9110141619.AA02003@echelon> henrik@echelon.UUCP (Larry DeLuca) writes:

>	3.  Laurie Anderson's lyric is actually "Paradise / is exactly
>	like / where you are right now / only much / much / better."
>	(to: Boris Chen (boris%monsoon.berkeley.edu@ucbvax.berkeley.edu).

What did *I* say? Well, I don't know where that post is, but if I
mis-typed I am very ashamed. I must have listened to Home of the
Brave millions of times, and have seen the movie plenty as well.
So, there is a Laurie Anderson fan here. I was wondering why
no one ever discussed her. (since I remember something about gaffa
being for discussion of KaTe and other alternative or related
artists, esp. female) Oh well, maybe I missed the last thread.
What do you think about her Strange Angel's album. I personally
liked it a lot, though, I know lots who think she's "changed."
(sound familiar?)

I saw a box set of hers of her live performances. Know if it is
really good? Looks real old. I think I remember seeing one
when I was 14ish.

--boris
ps. I just tried typing out that quote again without looking. Did
I miss the word "exactly" last time? Oh well, here's another try:
"I think they should put some mountains here. Otherwise, what are
the characters going to fall off of?"