Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: What matters?

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1991 15:15:35 -0700
Subject: Re: What matters?
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Kjetil writes:

>> [stuff about me being rude, insulting Vicky, being condescending etc. ]
>Methinks it doesn't take much to tick you off. Let Vicky decide when
>she should feel hurt, I don't think she needs you to be her big
>brother. I did not intend to hurt anyone's feelings, but my sense of
>judgement may be influenced by growing up in a tough environment :)

It wasn't just a question of insulting Vickie, because we were both
involved in the same discussion.  Your initial message was directed
at Vickie, but I felt that I was included in your scorn because it
attacked the idea that anyone could care about such things.  I'm not
trying to act like Vickie's big brother; she usually does well enough
on her own.

>*No one* holds the whole truth and nothing but the truth, except
>perhaps subjectively speaking.

But sound is sound, right?

>That said, let me try to explain why I made the post in the first
>place.
>[...]
>When I saw Vicky's post, this black-white view of synthesizers sort of
>clicked in.

Fine, but why write what you posted?  It doesn't matter if Vickie's or
my interest lies at either of the poles you discussed or somewhere in the grey
area between.  For the nth time, I don't understand why, if it wasn't
something that interested you, you didn't just skip it.

But enough said at this point.  If you want to get in the last word, feel
free.  We're beating a dead horse at this point and it's not worth the
effort.

Jefrey (with one f jeffrey)
--
|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "At night they're seen                 |
|                                |  Laughing, loving, 	                  |