Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-37 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: compilation album

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1991 13:49:13 -0700
Subject: Re: compilation album
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <9110141917.AA28346@sunwest2.West.Sun.COM> dstuedeman@sunwest2.West.Sun.COM (Donna Stuedeman - Sun HR AA) writes:
>On the radio right now, I'm listening to the latest
>release by Kate Bush, "Rocket Man" originally done
>by Elton John.

Wow!  We know, of course, that the album is coming out soon,
but you're about the first person who's heard it!

>The DJ doesn't know when this compilation album is
>due for release, but she did mention that the whole
>album is a tribute to Bernie Taupin and Elton John.

It's coming out real soon.  Either tomorrow or a week from
tomorrow.

>This is the first I've heard of this release...Any-
>body out there know anything about it???  I'd be
>really interested.  Based on this one song on the
>radio, I love the album already.

I guess you don't read .gaffa much, because we've been discussing
this album for years, and our interest has increased greatly since
we found out it was actually going to be released.  That was a couple
of months ago.

Kate recorded "Rocket Man" several years ago, as part of this Elton
John tribute project.  For various reasons it was put on hold until
just a few months ago, when we were all delighted to find out that it
was actually coming out.  There was a long article about it in a recent
issue of _Billboard_ magazine.

But you've actually heard it!  And you like it!  Geez, I can't wait!

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov