Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Cynical People

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1991 10:33:44 -0700
Subject: Re: Cynical People
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

Yo! katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie) raps:
>Cynthia, Robyn, Richard...
>Gee, the Big Sky BBS sounds to me like the home of cynical Kate fans.

So, SCO is the home-away-from-home then?

Hey, Richard, can I have an account?  Set it up to reflect all mail to
love-hounds... :)

>Do you give how-to courses on-line?

Here's Drukman's Intro To Cynicism 101 Lecture (excerpts):

Pick an artist, any artist.  Adore them beyond all belief.  Cherish the
albums that exist.  Find all the rarities.  Buy posters.  Adorn your clothes
with pins and badges.  Play your rare b-sides tape at inopportune moments to
people who don't care and explain in tedious detail why you included the
Special Remix which features four bars of the chorus edited out and tacked
on at the end.  When the next album comes out, proclaim it sophomoric drivel
and moan that things aren't the way they were in the old days.

--
Jon Drukman (now an explosive new movie)        uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
With hungered flesh obscurely, he mutely craved to adore.