Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate placed a half-page ad in Billboard!

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1991 07:06:48 -0700
Subject: Re: Kate placed a half-page ad in Billboard!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ah, now here's a thread I can sink my teeth into.  "Stupid and pseudo-
scientific" huh?  And how many experiments have you done?  So whose
opinion are you parroting?  And how many experiments did they do?

I despise the "scientifically correct" (SC) approach to what classes
of event are allowed to be considered in our universe.  It's based
on a miniscule success in analysing objects' physical behavior, and
claims to be able to generalize from that success to absolute
certainty about what's possible in psychology and every other realm.

It isn't even good physics, usually, because good physics is wide
open right now as to what macro-level implications quantum mech-
anics may have.

So keep an open mind, please?