Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Tell me we both matter, don't we...

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 1991 06:26:17 -0700
Subject: Tell me we both matter, don't we...
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Hi.

Looks like I have to explain myself. Judi, I never mentioned you by name,
I wasn't even thinking about your post- which was, IMO, one of the more
intelligent responses to Robyn's statement about the Tour, or lack thereof.

Richard, you have a point.  There are people out there who go a bit far and
think Kate is a goddess incarnate, She Can Do No Wrong, and I think it's
good that there are people (like you) who remind them of that.  That's not
cynical- it's a voice of reason, albeit a sometimes overly harsh one... :)

Vickie, no, you shouldn't congratulate Robyn.  Speaking of whom, where is
she?  People who have actually seriously asked where she got her information
haven't received an answer, most probably because she's been scared away.
Robyn, wherever you are, I'm asking you politely: Where did you get your
information?  If you don't want to reply to .gaffa, please e-mail me- I really
want to know.  True, you could've avoided a lot of hassle by including your
source in your original post, but people make mistakes...

There's a fine line between intelligent discussion and immature bashing.
In a few instances here that line has been crossed.  Maybe I was out of line
in mentioning names, but I still think we should treat this issue as the
adults we are... no Vickie, Kate wouldn't be proud.

But look on the bright side:

If Kate's lurking out there, she's thinking "Oh, those silly Love-Hounds
need something to keep them occupied!  I think I'll haul bum and get that
album out soon, then..."  :)
Meredith Tarr			"Oh yes I know I'm always falling,
mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu	 Gazing at hazy goldfish in your swimming eyes"
Wesleyan University						-Kate Bush