Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hypocritical and Sorry (was Cat Fight!)

From: katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1991 04:23:00 -0700
Subject: Hypocritical and Sorry (was Cat Fight!)
To: love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Vickie here. I mailed my "Cat Fight" post without counting to 10 first
and cooling off. I'd take it back if I could. My Jr. High School teacher's
face is swimming in front of me. So is my Grade School teacher. Kindergarten
teacher is coming up fast and if I'd gone to pre-school, I'm sure that
teacher would be barely visible too. I'm am sorry my temper tantrum wasted
bandwidth and was seen by all. My face is *very* red.

Melissa says:

> Not only do you contradict yourself, your comments concerning Richard
> have no basis in fact and are hypocritical and downright rude.

You're right. I'd never consider myself hypocritical and rude, but I did
come off that way. *I* was bitchy and I really do apoligise.

Is the moon full?

Boris writes:

> I think the point is well made that people make KT into a divine being.
> IF you don't thnk that is the case, then say the reasons why, or
> if you believe her to be a divine being, then say why.

NO ONE here *truly* believes Kate is a "divine being" so how could anyone
tell you why they think so? All this "KTISGOD" and "She Really IS" stuff
is a *JOKE*, of course.

I'd be the first to say something like "KT is God" but it certainly isn't
because I actually, really, honestly, truly believe it. It's just a fun way
to say "Kate's my numero uno, way above the crowd, head honcho, big cheese,
favorite #1 artist kind of gal."

Nothing more than that, really. I think that a problem in this newsgroup
is that, when someone likes and defends something that someone else doesn't
like and flames, that person is automatically put into a "Kate can do no
wrong" category, which is one of the things I was complaining about.
It doesn't always happen, but there must be a reason why lines like
 "...people make KT into a divine being" keep popping up,

I've been a fan for over 10 years and I _like_ The Sensual World. Believe
me, there are plenty of things that Kate's done that I don't like, yet,
because I like TSW, I could be accused of worshiping an idol, a god, instead
of a human being. I like most of the videos that have been trashed in these
pages recently. I haven't said anything (busy elsewhere, don't you know)
but if I spoke up to defend them, or say why I liked them, I might be labled
by some as a "Kate can do no wrongoid" which is not true.

Tell me, why do *you* think this:

 "...people make KT into a divine being"?

What makes you say that? No flame war wanted, I want to get back to a
reasonable discussion. I'm just curious.

Vickie "motormouth" Mapes

"I am transparent, an open book. There's no choice in the matter"  HR