Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-36 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re Kate Tour

From: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1991 04:27:19 -0700
Subject: Re Kate Tour
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

>From:   bsbbs!robyn@bluemoon.rn.com (Tracy Robyn Somervill)
>As far as news goes, there will be NO tour as before planned. Kate says
>it will take far too much energy, as she's not young anymore. The best we
>can hope for is more albums and singles.

Is this a joke? I cannot believe Kate would say something so stupid!
Her fans have alwasy been very patient and understanding but a
statement like this would be enough to drive many of us to distraction.

I mean - how old are the Stones, or McCartney or Tina Turner come to that!
If she was worried about the organisation of the tour surely she can
delegate the arrangements to someone else. Hire Harvey Goldsmith for
chrissake. If something like Live Aid can be put together I am sure
booking a few halls cannot be that hard.

As for the performance, I would be quite happy if she sat at the piano
all through the show. I can live without costume changes and dance
routines. An acoustic set would do me.

If Kate really does not have the energy for a tour then she better not
have kids any time. That really does need energy!

If there is no tour then I guess there will be no more appearances at
future Conventions. I don't see how she can face the fans again -
unless she is keeping quiet some illness or something.

If she came out and said something like "Sorry, I really hate
performing live" - well fair enough. We might not like it but it would
be an honest feeling and one we would have to respect. But if this
statement about taking too much energy is really attributable to Kate
then it is laughable.

Neil (who rarely has the energy to get up and go to work every day - but does)

--
Neil Calton                          UUCP:   ..!mcsun!ukc!rlinf!nbc

Informatics Department,              NSFNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory,      BITNET: nbc%inf.rl.ac.uk@ukacrl
Chilton, Didcot, Oxon,  OX11 0QX     JANET:     nbc@uk.ac.rl.inf
England                              Tel: (0235) 821900   ext 5740