Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The KaTe - KuBruicK KonneKtion

From: stev0@sti.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1991 18:04:05 -0700
Subject: Re: The KaTe - KuBruicK KonneKtion
To: <love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sti.com

In article <9109300431.AA28592@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu>, barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.EDU (Jorn Barger) writes:
|> > Pull Out the Pin            Full Metal Jacket
|>
|> i too was struck by the aptness here... but of course the song predates
|> the film.
|>
|> My vote for best-scene-to-play-Breathing-behind is the playground
|> precognitive dream in T2...

Actually, what I meant were songs that reminded me of Kubrick films,
NOT songs that were based on Kubrick films (except, of course,
"Get out of My House, which WAS influenced by _The Shining_).
Obviously, "Lionheart" was NOT based on _Barry Lyndon_; I was just
observing that both are pastorial, and not a little boring.

On another topic, in the song "The Handsome Cabin Boy", what IS the
very last line of the song?  All I can make out it "'Tis I that
(something something something) the handsome cabin boy".

-Stev0

"Looks like we were wrong all these years.  Kate Bush is DEFINATELY God!"
-Pope John Paul II