Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The KaTe - KuBruicK KonneKtion

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1991 15:49:39 -0700
Subject: Re: The KaTe - KuBruicK KonneKtion
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

Yo! stev0@sti.COM (Steve Berlin) raps:
>KaTe Song                   KuBrick Film
>---------                   ------------
>Mother Stands for Comfort   A Clockwork Orange

I was with you up to this point.  What's the parallel here?  In Mother
Stands For Comfort, the mother will shield the son from the law no matter
what he's done.  In A Clockwork Orange, Alex' parents end up spurning him
by renting his room out and kicking his sorry butt into the street.

Caterwaul have done the ultimate Clockwork Orange song with "Alex'
Aphrodisiac" in any case.

>I think I may be on to something here...

I think you may be *on something*, Stev0.

--
Jon Drukman (now an explosive new movie)        uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
With hungered flesh obscurely, he mutely craved to adore.