Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-34 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

GENIE

From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hill)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1991 21:40:47 -0700
Subject: GENIE
To: crash!wiretap.Spies.COM!Love-Hounds@nosc.mil

        RE GENIE: The Genie RT on Kate Bush is one of the most active music
round tables on Genie, but it's nowhere near as informative or active as
Love-Hounds.  Only a few messages a day, most of them much shorter than here.
The only advantage is that the messages get there immeadiately and it's never
down.  Still, it's kinda nice not to have such an overwelming rush of messages
every day and to have something more when love-hounds just isn't enough.
Also, you don't need any special access to get to it and it's just 5 dollars
total a month, which is less than the phone costs of accessing Love-Hounds for
some of us.
        The conference didn't really mention anything that hasn't been
mentioned on love hounds, it was just a lot of fun talking to people about not
much, really.  A couple of non-Kate fans came in asking about Guns N Roses and
the like and we did our best to perplex them by saying we were watching TV
about a show where someone is trying to make it rain and stuff like that.

Ron "Spagetti Factory" Hill

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com