Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-33 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

"Caroline"

From: jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1991 20:25:51 -0700
Subject: "Caroline"
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Several months ago, I saw the "Caroline" CD single by Concrete Blonde in a
CD shop in Bloomington, and almost bought it...but decided to put it off.

Tonight I was in Tower, debating whether to buy that single or the Pixies'
"Velouria" single.  Largely as a result of whomever-it-was' message about
how good the "Caroline" single is, I opted for that.

Wow.  Wonderful!  "Tomrrow, Wendy" is fantastic--everything that might be
considered lacking the sparse arrangement is made up for with the vocal
passion.  And "The Sky Is a Poisonous Garden Tonight" is fantastic.  This
single is a must-have.  And what a bargain at only $4.99!

"Eleanor trembles, Eleanor moans. Somehow this body is someone she always has
known."

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "Show what you are / Be strong, be true  |
|                                | Time for you to / Be who you are."       |
|jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.edu          |                         --Happy Rhodes   |