Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kick Inside

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1991 11:32:23 -0700
Subject: Re: Kick Inside
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <1991Sep17.064448.26227@agate.berkeley.edu> boris@monsoon.Berkeley.EDU (Boris Chen) writes:

>I saw the other day an album, The Kick Inside, but it had a different
>cover. It is kinda in Japanese style writing, with KT on a Kite.
>Different than the covers I have seen with a simple portrait of her
>in jeans. I am wondering if this album is worth getting. And if it is
>different than the regular one.

This is the British cover of the album, which is also used in most
other countries.  The "simple portrait of her in jeans" is only used
on the American album.  There are two other covers:  The Canadian
one, which is a closeup of Kate holding her head (sometimes called
the "oh, my aching hair cover), and the Japanese one, which is
a head shot from the famous "pink leotard" photo.  The Canadian cover
was also the first US cover, but the US record company changed it to
the current cover a few months later.  The Canadian CD uses the American
cover, I think, because they import it from the states.

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov