Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: An opinion is but a shadow...

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1991 11:22:49 -0700
Subject: Re: An opinion is but a shadow...
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

Yo! MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU raps:
>Drukman, when I listen to TKI (well, not so much as "Lionheart"),
>no matter *how* much I love the album, and I do very much, sometimes my throat
>starts to hurt just listening to her.

Tarr, I don't understand you.  Are you implying that this is a BAD thing?

>Just the fact that she could progress
>from the Cathy of "Wuthering Heights" to the woman who sings "Under The Ivy"
>and "Reaching Out" should be a testament to her vocal greatness- some people
>out there are just getting worse, or not changing at all.

I never said anything about her vocal prowess.  It started great and remains
pretty great...

>And when I play TKI I invariably get a "Didn't that hurt?" from one or another
>of my housemates or family members.  When I play TSW, I always get some form
>of "Wow- who *is* that?"  That tells me all I need to know, folks!

Yeah, it says that TKI is clearly a better album!  If I'm blasting a Skinny
Puppy disc and someone comes in and says, "hey, does that singer have throat
cancer or what?" then I know that it's a good day.

>(Re "Twin Peaks"- anybody know who did it in New England?  It's WEIRD that
>there seems to be so many different endings... wouldn't that affect the writing
>of the previous episodes?  Or should I just go over to rec.tv.tmin.peaks
>(or whatever it is) and ask?)

Meredith, Meredith, Meredith... it was a JOKE... they were FUNNING ON YA.
There was an alternate European ending, but it came at the end of the two
hour pilot movie and showed that Killer Bob had done it.  That was the only
variation.

--
Jon Drukman (the fly)                           uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
With hungered flesh obscurely, he mutely craved to adore.