Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Twin Peaks - European style

From: lishka@cernvax.cern.ch (christopher lishka)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1991 02:21:25 -0700
Subject: Re: Twin Peaks - European style
To: rec-music-gaffa@cernvax.cern.ch
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <385BDE1AE0011A11@sc.intel.com> AGOUGH@FAB6.intel.COM ("Andy Gough, x4-2906, pager 420-2284, CH2-59") writes:
>About a month ago I read in the newspaper that the European version of Twin
>Peaks has a different killer than the one that was revealed in the U.S..  A
>lot of the newspaper article was spent griping about this change.  How exactly
>they change the killer I don't know (or who the new killer is).

Not so in France.  Because I moved to France (from the U.S.) this
summer, I had an unusual opportunity to watch the same show where the
killer was "caught" in both the original U.S. and French dubbed
versions.  The killer was the same.  The newspaper article that you
read might be refering to the English (as in U.K.) version, which was
a two-hour movie with a different ending from the U.S. series.  This
is all rather confusing, isn't it?

Now it is *possible* that the version being shown in other European
countries besides France have a different killer.  The French version,
though, was exactly the same as the U.S. version, with the exception
that the voices were redubbed and the music was an inferior version of
the original score.

--
Christopher Lishka       It is not safe out here.  It is wonderous, with
Wisconsin Group, CERN    treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross.