Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Suggestions, anyone?

From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1991 06:48:04 -0700
Subject: Suggestions, anyone?
To: ecto@athos.rutgers.edu, love-hounds@wiretap.spies.com

Hi all...

This is an appeal for help.  Valerie Nozick and I are coordinating the Amelia
Earhart show on WESU-Middletown, 88.1FM this semester.  Amelia Earhart is
a show focusing on women's music and women's issues, and it's on every Sunday
at Brunchtime (11-1 EST).  It's run by a collective of female DJ's, each
of whom do one or two shows during the semester, covering a variety of musical
styles and subjects.

WESU has a rather limited supply of "women's music" (i.e. folk and such),
but the Music Director has agreed to get anything we ask for, as long as
we can give him a record-company address and/or phone number.  This is where
you can help us.  Do you know of any good music sung and/or performed by
women that deserves to be spotlighted on this show?  Do you have an address
where we can get this stuff?  Don't think you're being too elementary in your
suggestions- WESU is only this year acquiring half a clue, and the record
collection is rather sad.  Also, we might not be thinking of someone whom
we really should be thinking of!

WESU is located at Wesleyan University in Middletown, CT, and serves the
area from New Haven all the way up to Springfield, MA.  People do look for
and listen to this, one of the station's only institutions- help us give
Amelia back her focus!

*PLEASE* answer through e-mail only, either to myself or Val (VNOZICK@EAGLE.
WESLEYAN.EDU).  Arrangements can be made to trade tapes of shows for good
suggestions.  Thanks in advance!
Meredith Tarr			"Oh yes I know I'm always falling,
mtarr@eagle.wesleyan.edu	 Gazing at hazy goldfish in your swimming eyes"
Wesleyan University						-Kate Bush