Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

New Love Hound

From: samsung!bsbbs!nrc@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1991 22:12:07 -0700
Subject: New Love Hound
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

rhill@pnet01.cts.COM (Ronald Hill) writes:

>         Latest "great" idea proposal.  How about all of us writing up a brief
> discription of what computer we use to get on Love-Hounds which would include
> City, name of system, phone # (if any), accesability, and cost (if any), as
> well as short instructions (if needed) on how to get an account.  These could

Something very much like this already exists.  A list of publicly
accessable USENET sites is posted regularly to comp.misc and is
also available via FTP and (I think) mail server.  I've used this
information frequently to put Big Sky callers in touch with
systems closer to home.  Unfortunately, not all of these systems
are free.

I guess it might be a good idea to compile a subset of
"gaffa-friendly" sites where people can call and check r.m.gaffa
out and locate a closer site if necessary.

> SAN DIEGO. PNET01.  569-4072. OPEN TO ALL.  FREE.
>         At the login prompt type "PNET" and hit return, then type "GUEST" to
> apply for an account.

COLUMBUS, OHIO, 614/864-1198, Open to all, Free, 1200/2400, 24hrs
	Enter NEW at login prompt to set up an account.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP