Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

GIF indexes

From: gb10@gte.com (Gregory Bossert)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1991 19:54:07 -0700
Subject: GIF indexes
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

my friend and fellow love-hound Dan Riley has prepared "contact sheets"
of almost all of the KaTe GIFs on wiretap.spies.com.  i have taken the
liberty of placing these files, and a text index to the GIFs, into a new
directory:  love-hounds/kb/pix/gif_index

the contact sheets are GIF files containing small, labelled images of
the KaTe pics -- they are named *_index.gif where * = the directory
name, more or less.

it is interesting to note that many of these GIFs are redundant and/or
confusingly named -- hopefully Dan's index sheets will make it easier
to find that perfect background GIF.  (actually, the contact sheets make
nifty backgrounds themselves...)

as far as i can tell, there are two terrible gaps in our GIF coverage:
we have no picture of the original UK cover of _TKI_ (my fave Kover
by a longshot), and no picture of the cover of _NFE_!  i'd scan these
myself (in fact, i probably will), but i'm stuck with greyscale, and
these ought to be color!  any volunteers?

i'll try to keep on top of these index files -- maybe at some point we
can reorganize the GIF directories and weed out some of the duplicate
pictures...  once again, thanks to everyone who's scanned the originals!

footah!
-greg -- gb10@gte.com --
	"a woman drew her long black hair out tight
	 and fiddled whisper music on those strings
	 and bats with baby faces in the violet light
	 whistled, and beat their wings" -- T.S. Eliot