Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ludicrous image

From: bsbbs!cynthia@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Cynthia Rosas)
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1991 09:34:26 -0700
Subject: Ludicrous image
To: love-hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.EDU (Jorn Barger) writes:

> The most ludicrous image just struck me (in the middle of "Deeper
> Understanding"): try to imagine Paul Simon collaborating with
> the Trio Bulgarka...
>
> "Yanka, if you want to, you can call me-ee Al..."

I see absolutely nothing "ludicrous" about the idea of Paul
Simon collaborating with Trio Bulgarka, or anybody for that
matter.  Simon has demonstrated a remarkable ability to
experiment and adapt other forms of music to his style, as
well as adapting his style to other forms of music.  While You
Can Call Me Al may not be the best stylistic forum for a
collaboration with Trio Bulgarka, as any intelligent person
could see, I think to arrogantly and small mindedly scoff at a
SImon collaboration with ANYONE, (Paul and Kate, I think could
make for a lovely musical event), shows a very short sighted,
narrow musical imagination.

----
cynthia@bsbbs.UUCP (Cynthia Rosas)
The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)