Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Caterwaul

From: bsbbs!nrc@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (N. Richard Caldwell)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1991 11:39:25 -0700
Subject: Caterwaul
To: love-hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

declann@sco.COM (Declan Nolan) writes:

> Hi,
>
> I picked up a copy of "Portent Hue" at the weekend (it was cheap !) and
> after two listens I was hooked.  Can anyone give me any info on this
> band ?

Great stuff!  The latest word on Caterwaul is that they've lost
their recording contract with IRS.  Bad news.  The good news (courtesy
of Vickie) is that they're recording again (although it's not clear
how the results will be released).  They have a new bass player and
they've added another guitar player.  From their sound, it's hard to
believe that they only had one guitar to begin with so the results should
be interesting.

Caterwaul's current catalog:

 The Nature of Things, Chameleon Records
 Beholden (EP), IRS
 Pin and Web, IRS
 Portent Hue, IRS

The tracks from the _Beholden_ EP are included on the CD of _Pin and
Web_.   P&W and PH aren't too hard to find but I've had no luck
locating TNoT.  If anyone can locate a copy on CD and is willing to
mail it, I'd gladly reimburse.

Opinions on which release is best seem to be divided fairly evenly.
I like PH the best but P&W is very good also.

"Don't drive too slowly."         Richard Caldwell
                                  The Big Sky BBS (+1 614 864 1198)
                                  {n8emr|nstar}!bluemoon!bsbbs!nrc
                                  nrc@bsbbs.UUCP