Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Ron's Interviews

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris n Vickie)
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1991 03:12:00 -0700
Subject: Ron's Interviews
To: love-hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU

Vickie here, thanks Ron, for transcribing some of my favorite interviews
lately. The _Friday Night, Saturday Morning_ especially, and just now...

_Looking Good, Feeling Fit_ is a favorite because 1) the sequences with
Kate and her dancers are *fantastic* and 2) she gets peeved with the
interviewer and acts clearly impatient with his stupid comments.

_Razmatazz_ a very interesting interview, but this is one that should be
*seen* because 1) Kate is at her most beautiful and 2) she shows the kids
so many interesting items, such as the storyboards she drew.

_Old Grey Whistle Test_ another favorite that combines a beautiful Kate
with dippy interviewers (Chris and I call them the "Twit Twins") and, though
Kate stays at the height of politeness, she manages to get in a few subtle
zingers of her own at these two dorks. For instance:

At this...
        I1: What is a dijeridu, what does it look like?

Kate, so softly you can hardly hear it unless you listen closely and turn
the volume up, repeats "What is a dijeridu?" with an inflection that
suggests a thought pattern something along the lines of "You didn't do
your homework?" and it's quite obvious from her tone of voice that she's
making fun of him. Now, of course, she would have no problems with someone
asking her that question and she answers it with care, to make people
really understand the fascinating instrument and the complex way of
playing that is required. In other words, she's making fun of *him*,
not at anyone else who might not know what a dijeridu is. It's just so
halarious! Her expressions are great. She *knows* she's being interviewed
by cretins, and *you* know that she knows it. I love it!

The next time she was interviewed by one of these twits though she wasn't
in a playful mood like the first time. She's obviously hostile (very subtle,
but you can tell she's not in a mood to put up with any foolishness) in the
second interview. I assume IED has provided Ron (or will) with that one,
from the HoL era.

Vickie
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us