Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Looking Good/Feeling Fit interview.

From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hill)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1991 01:02:04 -0700
Subject: Looking Good/Feeling Fit interview.
To: crash!wiretap.Spies.COM!Love-Hounds@nosc.mil

    55. Looking Good, Feeling Fit: Kate is interviewed during rehearsals for
the Sat In Your Lap choreography, U.K. TV, August 6, 1981.
     This clip features an appallingly silly interviewer, but is nevertheless
extremely interesting for its shots of Kate in rehearsal for an early version
of the choreography for Sat In Your Lap. About thirty seconds of the rhythm
and background tracks (without lead vocals or instrumentation) from the song
can be heard; and Kate's execution of the dance moves is very impressive.

[Transcribed by Ron Hill.  Above note by IED]

[Scene of Kate rehearsing]

        I: Kate and her two dancers, Stewart Arnold and Gary Hurst, must have
gone through this routine while we filmed it from different angles and each
time it was as full of energy and each time it got more tiring to watch.

        K: Alright lets take it from the top.

[More rehearsing.]

        I: Now, to come to the obvious question, why are you wearing rubber
trousers?
        K: [Laughs]  Well, they're not quite rubber, I think they're some kind
of nylon.  And the idea, as with leg warmers, you wear them to keep your
muscles warm, because when you work your muscles you can pull them much easily
[sic], and just things can go wrong easier because you're working them.  So,
to keep them warm...
        I: So they're not sorta stretch-and-lose-weight?
        K: No, it keeps your muscles loose all the time so you're less likely
to pull or damage yourself.
        I: There must be a lot of stress on tour and a lot of pressure, do you
do yoga and things?
        K: No, I don't.  I have considered doing that, especially recently,
just cause I can't get any sleep.  There's just not enough time in the day to
do everything.  And I have thought of TM, just seems to be the one that
everyone considers the way to get over sleep, but I haven't had the time.
        I: At the moment you relax by keeping going.
        K: Yeah!

[More rehearsal]

        I: Now, in the music world there's a lot of late nights, high living
and things, and yet you do not have pimples, spots...
        K: [points at face and whispers] pimples.
        I:.. and all the things that the rest of us get if we stay out late at
night, how do you manage that?
        K: Well, I do.  I do get pimples and things, but luckily I've found
some creams and things that are incredibly good for my skin and I use them
morning and night and I seem to be okay.  But I do get spots, everyone gets
spots.  And I think, you know, being a female, the most important thing is to
get the makeup off, cause that can really ruin your skin.  So just try to get
that, and have a good time!
        I: Is it, wash and wash and wash?
        K: Well, not wash and wash...
        I: How do you mean, have a good time?
        K: Well, you could have a good time.  If you're worry, then your skin
shows that you're very worried, I think, everyone knows that.  Have a good
time, that's what it's for isn't it, life.
        I: You obviously enjoy yourself and you're obviously very happy...
        K: I am.
        I: ...do you think that is why you're a healthy person?
        K: I don't think I'm a healthy person.  You see, I dance because I
want to dance, not 'cause I want to keep fit.  And it's just a sort of side
thing that I happen to keep fit at the same time.  I really like what I do and
that that's what it's all about.

[More rehearsals]

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com