Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Batting Practice

From: boris%monsoon.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (Boris Chen)
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 1991 00:52:44 -0700
Subject: Re: Batting Practice
To: <love-hounds@ims.alaska.edu>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet%agate.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU (USENET Administrator)

If you haven't noticed, KT got BETTER from HoL and forward. More refined,
more controlled, more innovative. She improved her singing, and
vocal expression, and her instrumentation definitely improved.

Great, there's nothing better than Wuthering Heights, but in general
she has gotten progressively better: more intellectually challenging,
with stronger lyrics, and a more pleasing sound (vocally and instrumentally).
And let us not forget her videos. Those KEEF things almost made me
barf. Great, KT has nice eyes, but I don't need her staring daggars into
the camera. And then there's the gross pink glow and super-soft focused
lens, and then multiple KTs flying all over the place. He did an
okay job of her Live video, but it is hard to go wrong with her
on stage.
KT makes great vids, Cloudbusting and Big Sky are my favorites and RutH
and TSW/TWW/LaA come a close second.

TNW can all be played separately. They didn't sound any more dependent
on the other than the songs on Never for Ever.

--boris