Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual World: maturing or icing?

From: pwh@bradley.bradley.edu (Pete Hartman)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1991 22:19:03 -0700
Subject: Re: The Sensual World: maturing or icing?
To: <love-hounds@ims.alaska.edu>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

>Yo! whitcomb@aurxc3.UUCP (Jonathan Whitcomb) raps:
>>Turn this around.  Anyone over the age of 16 can relate to a song like
>>"Between A Man And A Woman", whereas few will be able to relate to
>>a song about a story by Wilhelm Reich unless they've read it.  If Bush
>>wants to write literary commentary, fine, but I (and I expect most people)
>>buy an album to enjoy the music.

JEEZ!

Can't you enjoy the music of the song?  I know I enjoyed it a lot
before I understood what she was singing about.  Do you have to understand
every single lyrical nuance before you like something?  Guess you must
not like much industrial stuff, since in many cases you can't even
understand what they're singing.  I guess we should simply write songs
about stupid love triangles so everyone can understand....
--
-----
Pete Hartman		  Bradley University		pwh@bradley.bradley.edu