Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Wrong group dude

From: gkushmer@jade.tufts.edu (Greg Kushmerek)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1991 13:55:00 -0700
Subject: Wrong group dude
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

While I'm sure that the flames will reach much higher and burn much brighter
than this, I MUST say this concerning the post from tabn3@isuvax.iastate.edu:

If you really did read some of the posts that have been here recently then you
shouldn't have missed the monthly posting saying that "gaffa" is named after
a line in a Kate Bush song.  If that wasn't enough to clue you in, then you
should have noticed that EVERYONE is not just talking about Kate, they are
posting ORIGINAL messages ONLY about Kate. That would indicate to me that
the people here are pretty intent on using this medium as a forum on her and
her art.

Of course, you also missed the fact that people are describing, still, their
fond recollections and gleaned knowledge from "Katemas," the party it seems
everyone here has been to not that long ago.  And guess what Katemas was
in honor of?  I'll give you a hint - something to do with a widely discussed
artist on this board.

Sometimes, it seems that people either are very thick or just want to get
a rise out of someone.  From your posting, it is hard to tell which is
the case for you.  If you really aren't familiar with gaffa, then you should
have paid much more attention to the posts here and tried to formulate an
idea of the group's goals from its material within.  And if you were too
lazy to do this, then you should have paid a bit more respect to other's
tastes instead of belligerently saying "Why hasn't anyone been discussing any
other much better artists?"  That's pretty much like walking into a karate
studio, seeing the people dressed in their white robes, watching them practice
and then ask "Why aren't you spending more time learning a quite superior
form of martial arts such as blah blah blah."

Bad move and quite dense.

And BTW  -  "Achtung Baby!" is supposed to be the name of the new U2 album
and it should be out this month.  But I like Kate better.

--gk