Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The American Kate Bush Society

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1991 05:41:59 -0700
Subject: The American Kate Bush Society
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

A month ago I sent out about two dozen copies of the Love-Hounds
newsbriefs, to Kate-organizations around the world.  So far I have
heard back from two, and gotten my mail returned from one, the
Canadian Lionhearts society.

The two that have answered have been Lone Star Lionhearts and
Ernest Heramia's "Watching Storms".  The latter is organized as an
"Amateur Publishing Association" special interest group, and consists
of a quarterly collation of xeroxed contributions by subscribers.

The issue Erni sent me contains some new gossip:

There's a movie about Andy Warhol that uses "Wow" in the soundtrack--
"Superstar: the life and times of AW".

And Little Light, they claim, is "A digest-sized Kate fanzine for
Conservative Christian fans"!!!

(My subject line-- The AKBS-- is the name of Erni's group.  It's
$15 per year in the US ($25 overseas).  You get four "WS"s and a
"club patch".  (Actually, it seems a little more complicated--
there's "Watching Storms" and also "Little Earth", which is
apparently a parallel, edited version of WS.)

I think what I got is a WS, and it's got some good art and some bad
art, some cool items and some crass.  I'll try to transcribe the cool
stuff soon, to give you an idea...

PS-- C&V expect to meet Erni this weekend, coz he's in town for the
WorldCon sci-fi convention.  We'll be sure to ask for details about
this Little Light blurb. (Jeff, are you there?  Does LL have an
editorial bias that's not explicitly stated?)