Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: The Sensual World: maturing or icing?

From: kIrI <hargieka@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 1991 14:15:11 -0700
Subject: Re: The Sensual World: maturing or icing?
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

whitcomb@aurxc3.UUCP (Jonathan Whitcomb):writes:
> The album credits list the titles of the tracks in TNW as segments of a
> larger piece, not as individual songs.  It seems valid to consider them
> as elements of the concept, rather than songs:  I believe that is how
> Bush intended them to be recognized.  I call them fragments because most of
> them don't stand up well on their own (i.e. they require the framework of
> the album).  That doesn't mean you should or should not enjoy them, of
> course.  Why would I object if you enjoy them?

I disagree.  I think each song in the Ninth Wave can stand on its own.
For Example...The Morning Fog could easily be a single, and it could
work quite well.  Waking the Witch stands majestically on its own as
does The Jig of Life.  I totally disagree that they require the
"framework of the album."  I would go as far as to say that if you
can't enjoy each individual song of the ninth wave on it's own then
how can you possibly enjoy the whole side.

KiRi
"do r.m.gians have pms or something."