Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I'll be in Montreal

From: ed@wente.llnl.gov (Ed Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1991 07:09:27 -0700
Subject: Re: I'll be in Montreal
To: rec-music-gaffa@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.llnl.gov

In article <9108130139.AA04926@wente.llnl.gov> I wrote:

>On the off chance that love-hounds actually starts working soon . . .

>I'll be in Montreal from tomorrow (Aug. 13) through Aug. 16, although
>I might go to Toronto for a few days in that period.  If there are
>any love-hounds there who'd like to get together, my phone number
>in Montreal will be (415) 482-9637

Well, I made two major typos in this short posting.  I guess I was in
a real hurry, or I didn't really expect this to go through!

I left Montreal yesterday, on Aug. 26, not Aug. 16.  Also, the phone
number should have been area code 514, not 415.  415 is area code
here in the Bay Area.  (At least, it will be until September 1, when
the 415 area splits.  My new area code will be 510, I think.)  You
can see how I got the two area codes confused.

So I really apologize to anyone who I probably could have met, but
didn't.  Especially David Gravender, who tried to get in touch.
David -- my aunt has no answering machine, so the first times you
tried it you probably called the wrong area code I gave.  Sorry!
When you reached the "elderly woman", that was probably my
grandmother!  Oh, well.  I didn't end up going to Toronto.

In any case I had a truly wonderful time in Montreal, as usual.  It's
absolutely my favorite city.  I lived there for five years long ago,
and I go back to visit as often as I can -- which is about every two
years, nowadays.  I spent most of time just wondering around the
city, exploring, seeing what's changed since the last time I was there.

While there, I picked up the video _The Single File_, which, as others
have posted, is really released in Canada.  I also got the Canadian CD
of _The Sensual World_ -- the picture disc.

Among none-Kate items I got were Jane Siberry's first album on CD, Sarah
McLachlan's new album _Solace_ (say, has this come out in the USA yet?),
and lots of French and French Canadian CDs and music videos that are
totally unavailable in the USA.

So I'm back, and ready to participate in Love-Hounds discussions again!

Ed
ed@wente.llnl.gov