Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate sighting in Mondo 2000

From: barger@ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1991 07:28:50 -0700
Subject: Kate sighting in Mondo 2000
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Mondo 2000 is a cross between "Interview" and the Whole Earth Review.
Their latest issue is pretty fascinating (the last was more of a dud).
Tbere's an interview with a new group called D'Cuckoo, a "techno-artist
collective" of "highly adept multi-instrumentalists" whose "beautiful
harmonies deliver lyrics that display intellectual and and political
sensibilities, while never forgetting that music is founded on rhythm."

The interviewer asks: ...you don't sing about computer chips and cyborgs.

And D'C answers:
No.  We're not like Kate Bush.  We don't sing about "My Computer."

To give you more idea of the magazine, the same issue also has:
Brian Eno, Tim Leary, Kathy Acker, Skinny Puppy, Lush, the Video Toaster, a
look at slime, HDTV, Pamela Z., Digital Underground, Ted Nelson, Industrial
Light and Magic, Virtual Valerie, and a review of "The Difference Engine".
Whew.

$6 at weird newstands everywhere.