Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

NEEDED INTERVIEWS

From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hill)
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1991 22:08:01 -0800
Subject: NEEDED INTERVIEWS
To: crash!ims.alaska.edu!Love-Hounds@nosc.mil

Following are lists from the in-progress Cloudbusting, Edition 2.  These
include "unknown" intervews which I don't have original source information on,
and "needed" interviews, which are interviews I don't have.  Any information
or help in obtaining these interviews would be appreciated!!

UNKNOWN
-------
        Articles reprinted in fanzines, bootlegs, or books, without the
original source credited. Any further information is appreciated.

        Self Portrait Bootleg.  C.1978, by unknown, trans by WOJ.  Reprinted
in  SB Vol 1. No. 3 and CARIAD 11.
        John Shearlaw interview.  C.1980.  Trans. by RH.  Reprinted in LOVE.
        Mike Nicolls interview.  Fall 1981, trans. by IED. Reprinted in LOVE.
        Bush-Whacked. C.1978 (Lionheart era). (CARIAD 8)
        Robin Smith.  Aug. 14, '82, trans. by IED.
        Pat Thomas.  1982, trans. by IED.
        A life in the day of Kate Bush. C.1980, by Daniela Soave, trans. by
RH, reprinted in CARIAD 11.
        Music is my life.  With James Johnson.  C.1978, reprinted in CARRIAD
12.
        Dreaming era bootleg.  1982, by unknown, trans. by Steve Thomas,
Jeffery Burka, IED, and RH.
        Chris Heath interview.
        What Kate Bush Did Next.  1985, by unknown, trans. by IED.  The first
page of this is missing.
        Hounds of Love era bootleg.  Transcribed by Jeff Burka from limited
edition CD picture interview disc CBAK 4011 on the Baktabak label. Proofread
by Stephen Thomas.  Reprinted in SB Vol 2. No. 1.
        Conversation Series 2 bootleg.  C.1985. By Unknown, transcribed by
WOJ.
        Hounds of Love interview.  C.1985.  By unknown, reprinted in SB Vol 1.
No. 1.

MISSING INTERVIEWS
------------------
        Following are lists of interviews that I do not have access to.  The
list of missing printed interviews is based on the Bibliography published in
Homeground.  The list of missing television interviews is based on a list from
The Garden.  There is no comprehensive list of radio interviews that I know
of.   Any help in obtaining these interviews would be appreciated!

MISSING PRINT INTERVIEWS
------------------------
        This list is based on the Bibliography published in Homeground, so it
should be fairly comprehesive.

        Birmingham Evening Mail.  Mar. 5 '79, by Unknown.
        Blue Jeans.  Jan. 8, '83.
        Daily Express.  Oct. 3, '80., by David Wigg.  Sept. 3, 82.  By A.
Nightingale.
        Daily Record.  Aug. 23, '82.
        Daily Star.  Daily Mirror.  Daily Mail.  Daily Express.  The Sun.
Apr. 18, '79.  Sept. 20, '82.
        Electronics and Music Maker.  Oct. '83.  Interview Andrew Powell ment.
Kate.
        Electronic Soundmaker.  Oct. '83.
        Evening Standard.  Sept. '80, Oct. 5, '80.
        Face and Figure.  Nov. '79, by Unknown.  Kate's Hairdresser.
        Hi FI for Pleasure.  Aug. '83.
        Honey.  Oct. '79.
        The Hot Press.  Sept. 5, '81, by N. Stokes.
        The Hot Press (Eire).  May '78, by Karl Tsigdinos.
        International Musician and Recording World.  Nov. '80, by Dave
Lawrenson.  Oct '82.
        Jackie.  June 17, '78, by Unknown.  Jan. 22, '83, by Unknown.
        Look Now.  Jan. '82.
        Melody Maker.  Oct. 16, '82, by Unknown.
        Music Express (Can).  May '83, by Unknown.
        Newcastle Journal.  Jan. 16, '79.
        New Music Express.  Oct. 20, '79.  THIS COULD BE THE SAME AS ABOVE NME
INTERVIEW.  Oct. 23, '82, by Unknown.
        New Sounds.  Jan. '83.
        New Zealand Listener (New Zealand).  Dec. 2, '78, by Daved Young.
        19.  Oct. '82
        Observer Colour Suplement.  Dec. 31, '78, by Richard North.
        Pratical HiFi.  Nov. '82, by Unknown.
        PM (US). June '83, by Unknown.
        Popix no. 10.  Nov. 82.
        Pulse (Journal of BMA).  Interview with Dr. Bush.  Sept. 12, 81.
        Ram (Australia).  May 19, '78, by Unknown.  Oct. 17, '78, by Debbie
Baer.  Nov. 4, THIS COULD BE THE SAME INTERVIEW AS Oct. 4 MM.
        Record Mirror.  Oct. 7, '78, by Tim Lott.  THIS COULD BE THE SAME AS
ONE OF THE ABOVE RECORD MIRROR INTERVIEWS.   Mar. 24, '79.  Aug. 14, '82.
Nov. 6, '82.  text by Kate 'day in the life.'
        Ritz.  Sept. '78,  by Craig Brown.
        Rockbill (US).  Feb. '83, by Unknown.
        Rock Star News no. 1.  Feb. '81.
        RTE Guide.  April 7, '78, by Brendan Martin.
        S.  March 11, '78, by Donna McAllister.  Sept. 30, '78, by Peter
Silverton.  Aug. 30, by Phil Sutcliffe.  Oct. 30, 82, by Unknown.
        Smash Hits.  Dec '27, '79, by Unknown.   Nov. 27, '80.  Kate's top 10.
 Nov '27, '80.  Pamela Stephenson re. impression.  July 23, '81, by I Birch.
Aug. 19, '82.
        Sound International.  Sept. '80, by R. Denyer.
        Starlight (Eire).  May 15, '78, by Unknown.
        Star Shots no. 3.  '81, by J.Dean.
        Sun, The.  Sep. 22, '78, by Nina Myskow.  Oct. 10, '80, by Nina
Myskow.         Sunday Mirror.  Aug. 17, '80.   Oct. 23, '83.
        Sunday Telegraph.  July 6, '80.
        Sunday Times.  Oct. 5, '80.
        Sunday World (Eire).  Mar. 22, '81.
        Superpop.  Feb. 10, '79, by Unknown.  Mar. 3, '79, by Unknown.  Sep.
'89, by Unknown.
        TV Guide (Can).  Aug. 6, '83.
        TV Scene (Australia).  Oct. 9, 82.
        TV Times.  Sept. 18, '82.
        Tune-In (TV Times Extra).  Dec. '78, by Jan Etherington.
        Ritz.  Sep. '78, by Graig Brown.
        Trouser Press.  July '78, by Jon Young.
        Video Times.  Nov. '82.
        Video World.  June '81, by Dave Lawrenson.
        Vogue.  Oct. 15, '78, by Unknown.
        West Australian Magazine.  Dec. 9, '89, by Unknown.
        Woman's Way.  Feb. 11, '83.
        Zigzag.  Nov. '82.  THE MAY BE THE SAME AS THE JAN. '82 INTERVIEW.

MISSING TELEVISION INTERVIEWS
-----------------------------
        This list is based on the comprehensive list of Kate videos included
in The Garden.

        Countdown.  Oct. 12, '78.
        Countdown (Dutch TV).  Fall '85.
        Eight o'clock news, La Cinq.  Apr. 10, '90.
        France Inter.  Date Unknown, may be a radio interview and may be the
same as Profile 6 interview.
        Friday Night and Saturday Morning.  Nov. 21, '81.
        The Late, Late Show.  Mar. 25, '78.  I don't know if this includes an
interview or not.
        Magpie.  Late Feb. '78.  I don't know if this actually includes an
interview or not.
        Musical Chairs.  Mar. 7, '79.
        Music Box.   C.1985-86.
        Pebble Mill at One.  Oct. 8, '82, by Paul Gambaccini.
        Prisoner of Conscience.  Dec. 6, 89.  Two five minute spots for
Amnesty International.
        Rouph Guide To Europe.  Aug. 22, '88.
        Rockline (French TV program.).
        Russel Hardy Show.  Nov. 25, '79.
        Saturday Superstore.  Oct. '82, by Mike Read.
        Thames at Six.  Mar. 6, '79.
        The Old Grey Whistle Test.  Aug. 17, '82, by Mark Ellin and David
Hepworth.  Nov. '85.
        TisWis.  Fall '78.
        Tonight (BBC current affairs program).  Mar. 16, '78.
        Voor de Vuist Weg (Dutch TV show).  I don't know if this actually
includes an interview or not.

MISSING RADIO INTERVIEWS
------------------------
        This list is based on Homeground's "Media Log" from issue 32 on, and
so it only contains interviews from 1988 and up.  Any further information
would be appreciated.

        LBC (London Commercial).  "Kate Bush The Whole Story."  Dec. '87.
Homeground says "Good 45 min. bio sketch by Kerry Juby from his "In other
words" material with additional interview material from Kate."  I don't know
if this contains original material, but have included it in case it does.
July 30, '88.  Interview at "Shop Assistance."

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com