Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kashka from San Francisco? + stuff

From: John Grigutis <76004.2670@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1991 18:27:55 -0800
Subject: Kashka from San Francisco? + stuff
To: Love-Hounds <Love-Hounds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>

Sorry if you guys read this before, but I sent this just as Love-Hounds
went down and didn't see it in the digest, so...

>From Baghdad.  The song is clearly about two male lovers
>("Kashka from Baghdad lives in sin they say, with another
>man.")

Huh?  I always thought that it was just about two lovers (a man, and a
woman) who had an affair!  "...Lives in sin..." could mean out of
wed-lock.  "...With another man." implies she (Kashka) is already
married, and is having an affair in a small town out of the way, with
another man.  As a matter of fact, the idea of Kashka being a man had
never occured to me until I saw it posted on here!  Did KaTe actually
say Kashka was a man?  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  Am I
making sense? Stop Making Sense!  Innosense? Nonsense!  Ack!  Better
fix my CD changer.

Also - about a possible KT sweatshirt:  For the actual sweat, I'd say
a nice white 100% cotton (Hanes) long-sleeved.  I wonder how much a
nice airbrushed red KT symbol would cost?  Of course the infamous
Love-Hounds on the front.  Oh, how about a list of Her albums on the
back?!  Hmmmm.  Or maybe a nice catchy quote or lyric?  :-)

Also,also - You guys know that Saturday Night Live reruns are shown on
Comedy Central Monday-Thursday at 10:00 PM?!  From what I see in my TV
Guide, it lists the host AND musical guest!  I'm thinking of writing
and asking when they will show the one with our beloved.  Anyone know
which one it was (i.e. Guest host, date aired, program number or
anything like that)?  Well, let me shut up now.