Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Katewars on rec.music.misc

From: mandorallen@st1.vuw.ac.nz (The Bard)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1991 14:17:10 -0800
Subject: The Katewars on rec.music.misc
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@rata.vuw.ac.nz (USENET News System)

Ahem... is it my imagination, or have there REALLY been no posts to rec.music.
gaffa for the last 3 days? If so, what happened? Did KaTe die and nobody told
me? (shivers at the thought)

Anyhoo, our net.secondary.goddess Vicki wanted some more info on the KaTe
thread in rec.music.misc. It all began when some silly sod asked :
	"Is it just my imagination, or are Katefans as zombielike as Rush fans?"
and, coincidentally, someone else wanted the lyrics to "Wuthering Heights" at
the same time. This led onto some person mentioning that Pat Benatar had done
a cover of it, and someone else saying "Pat's version blows Kate's away!!!"
to which Richard Caldwell replied "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"... you can guess the rest.
Highlights so far have been:
	(1) Some madman saying that "Feel It" is a soppy teenage puppy-love
	    drivel song;
	(2) Some guy saying that non-Katefans are not flamed on r.m.g, and
	    someone else replying "What? Did IED die?"
	(3) A strange suggestion that "Wuthering Heights" cops a lick from
	    Barry Manilow's "Mandy";
	(4) A long and boring discussion on what pop music actually is, and
	    whether it includes Kate or not.
Just your usual friendly flamewar. The Love-Hounds are well represented, with
Richard Caldwell and myself taking starring roles.

Watch this space for more info...
--
This was the Bard, Anthony Hobbs... mandorallen@st1.vuw.ac.nz, and proud of it.
"Cold and silent you lie in the dark waters of the stream. Shame and suffering