Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Give me a break

From: stern@chem.nwu.edu (Charlotte Stern)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1991 13:52:42 -0800
Subject: Give me a break
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Cc: stern@chem.nwu.edu

OK, so a coupla ya out there in bushland don't like
songs from liquid days.  It's not a horribly amazing album,
but I don't think it's amazingly horrible either.
(See Judi's comments)  It certainly is better that some
of the other sonic vomit mentioned in this space (like
sonic youth for example [hi jon!]).  Minimalism has its
minimal appeal just like everything else.  IMHO.
But overall, most of the stuff mentioned around here is
pretty decent.

Anyways, on the Kate side of things, if you live in south florida
then you know that the sun is so hot there in the summer that
you fry when you're outside for more than a minute.

I was there for a wedding this weekend, and Jorn will be happy to
hear (so should you all, I guess) that my spanking new Love Hounds
Hat got quite a workout... I wore it virtually every moment I was
outside during the day for 4 days straight!

And, I met Hans and Frans (pseudonyms), two Kate fans (at least they
knew who she was and everything) from Holland.  Boy, what
a pathetic country the US is!  Blechhhh.

	"I'll put 'em on the wedding list"

-mjm