Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: the Goldmine collectibles article--annotated edition

From: Dances With Voles <jondr@sco.COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1991 10:48:29 -0800
Subject: Re: the Goldmine collectibles article--annotated edition
To: rec-music-gaffa@sco.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@sco.COM

No one yet knows why IED0DXM@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU said:
>charts) was officially released, Suspended in Gaffa was released as
>a twelve-inch promo, and the video was plugged into rotation on
>MTV. [I have never seen such a promo twelve-inch, nor have I ever
>heard that MTV aired Suspended in Gaffa's video at any time. AM]

Andrew - you're hearing it now.  I remember back in my youth, when all I
cared about were "kicks" and "action," seeing this rather bizarre video on
MTV featuring some twisted little woman dancing in a barn and shrieking away
in (what I deemed in my youthful folly) a particularly unappealing voice.  I
realized the truth many years later.  So, consider this extremely reliable
first-hand confirmation that MTV did indeed air Suspended In Gaffa at least
once.  The year was very probably 1982 as that's when we first got MTV and I
used to spend hours glued to it...  (I remember seeing Shock The Monkey at
least twice a day, and that was 1982...)

Your slamdancing fool with katepunk attitude to spare,

--
Jon Drukman                                     uunet!sco!jondr   jondr@sco.com
Always note the sequencer - this will never let us down.