Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-28 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I just don't "Feel It", and wedding rings (was: Darn that editor!)

From: lishka@cernvax.cern.ch (christopher lishka)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 1991 01:04:11 -0800
Subject: I just don't "Feel It", and wedding rings (was: Darn that editor!)
To: rec-music-gaffa@cernvax.cern.ch
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In <m0k6uB7-000039C@chinet.chi.il.us> katefans@chinet.chi.il.us (Chris Williams) writes:
>Vickie here. The line that was suspended in gaffa in my last post
>was that someone called "Feel It" "somphmoric drivel",

That was me, although more specifically I likened "Feel It" to the
"soppy teenage puppy-love drivel" that a previous poster had written
about.  "Feel It" just doesn't do anything for me, and my wife and I
both find it kind of silly.  Of course, these are just my humble
opinions.  (Boy, am I going to get flamed for this!)

For that matter, there are several KB songs which I don't like much,
and I have gone so far as to program them out (with the help of a
programmable CD player) so that I never hear them.  However, I still
consider Ms. Bush to be one of the most talented musicians I've heard.
Once again, this is simply my personal taste, and the fact that I am
not really a KB fanatic.

As I also said in one of my rec.music.misc postings, my wife and I are
Kate Bush fans, although not fanatics.  Both of our wedding rings are
inscribed with the phrase "with a kiss I pass the key."  My favorite
KB song is "Houdini", and I fealt that that phrase summed up my
feelings for the marriage.  My wife wanted to include a phrase from a
Johnny Clegg & Savuka song ("I think I know why the dog howls at the
moon"), but it wouldn't fit in her ring, so she went with the KB lyric
too.  (And yes, I know it isn't an *exact* quote from "Houdini", but
the change of tense fit the ring a bit better, IMHO.)

>that's what I meant when I said I hear things like that and can't help
>but feel a bit elitist.

I am not sure what you mean by this; could you elaborate?

Also, I apologize for not carrying over the rec.music.misc discussion
to the rec.music.gaffa group.  On the other hand, I got flamed for it
there by a die-hard KB fan, and I suspected it would be a lot worse in
this group.  (Hmmmm, now where *DID* I put my asbestos suit?  I hope it
still fits! ;-)

>See what I get for writing on-line? Total confusion :-)

"Total confusion" is the name of the game.  UseNet has been likened to
an anarchic entity, after all!

	Through the glass, I watched you breath
	Bound to drown, and paler than you've even been...

--
Christopher Lishka       It is not safe out here.  It is wonderous, with
Wisconsin Group, CERN    treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross.