Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: the Goldmine collectibles article--annotated edition

From: barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu (Jorn Barger)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1991 04:41:01 -0800
Subject: Re: the Goldmine collectibles article--annotated edition
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9108011904.AA07102@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> IED writes:
> ... The present article was written with the assistance of a
> well-known dealer in Kate Bush merchandise, Tom Richards of C-Side
> Records.  Such credentials would lead one to expect a first-rate
> article, but alas! such is not the case.  There are a number of
> factual errors in the piece, and a terrible lack of organization.

I talked to Tom for a long time last night, and there are some intersting
tidbits to share:

1) The article Goldmine published was GG's first draft.  Tom made extensive
revisions that Goldmine didn't use.

2)  Tom is working on a book-length expanded version of the article with
Robert (?) Godwin, who's done similar books on Led Zep and others.  It's
due out the first half of next year and will have a section of color
illustrations.

3)  Gered Mankowitz is doing a deluxe book with _all_ the photos from the
TKI shoot, to be released officially in a box with a TKI CD.  A similar
thing was done this year with The Beatles' Revolver, but I understand it
was _very_ expensive.

4) Larry H mentioned in May that a new can was supposed to be coming with
a tee-shirt and 'new material'.  If it does make it out, the new material
should include Zaine Griff's "Flowers" and other obscure Kate BVs.

5)  The C-Side price list will finally mail next week.  It will be huge
because Tom's just bought two huge Kate collections.  It will include two
pages of Love-Hounds info.  You can request a copy from C-Side Records,
POB 8456, Clearwater Florida 34618.