Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Goldmine bits...

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris Williams)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1991 23:01:00 -0800
Subject: Goldmine bits...
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Vickie here.

Andy, thanks so much for the fascinating annotations to the Goldmine
article. I know your fingers must hurt!*

>     In between the release of Lionheart in November 1978 and Never
> For Ever in September 1980, Bush organized her only concert tour to
> date, the 1979 Tour of Life. (The tour booklet has since become
> another in-demand collector's item).

The tour booklet was sold at the '90 convention for something like
5# each, but it's not quite the same as the original. I have an
original (no, I wasn't there :-( I got it from Lisa years ago when
the KBC still sold merchandise) and it included 3 posters. A tour
poster, a Moving poster (with scenes from the Die Efteling video)
and a "Man With The Child..." poster (with scenes also from the DE
video). They were folded and fit right into the folder along with
the booklet.

> Some sources say that Lionheart was released in the U.S.
> and then withdrawn;

 It was. We have both versions. We also have what we were told are
original US Lionheart posters. We bought them from Scott Shepherd (sp?)
at the Winnipeg Bush-Con '84. They are truly beautiful!
The story we heard was that EMI-America decided to release Lionheart,
and printed up LPs and posters and then when the brass changed their
minds, most of them were *burned*!!!! Quite a few copies had already
been circulated though so some were spared.

> single from The Dreaming (which reached No. 157 in the Billboard
> charts) was officially released, Suspended in Gaffa was released as
> a twelve-inch promo, and the video was plugged into rotation on
> MTV. [I have never seen such a promo twelve-inch, nor have I ever
> heard that MTV aired Suspended in Gaffa's video at any time. AM]

I've never seen or even heard of a 12" promo for SIG, but I can verify
that MTV *did* play the video. At least once. At 4:00 am. On a Tuesday.
This is not heresy. We were called on the phone by a friend of ours the
next day and he was so excited! He had set his timer to get something
or other and saw it while going through the tape. He knew we'd be pleased.
We immediately raced over to his house with a VCR and got a dub. Even after
all these years we still have that copy of the video, complete with the VJ's
inane comments about her dancing. I don't remember right off hand what he
said, I'll have to dig it out. Whatever, it was dumb and short.

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us

* I doubt that Ed's fingers have completely recovered from all the typing
he did after the release of TSW. Ron Hill will probably never recover! Did
the three of you compare aching-finger stories at Katemas? :-)