Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I'm back.

From: rhill@pnet01.cts.com (Ronald Hill)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1991 23:24:40 -0800
Subject: I'm back.
To: crash!ims.alaska.edu!Love-Hounds@nosc.mil

        Well, I'm back here in San Diego.  Over 100 new messages on
Love-Hounds!!!
        Jorn asked about bug fixes to cloudbusting.  Perhaps the best way
would be to just give the line # and the old and then corrected quote.
Alternatively you could say Part 1, under "Sat In Your Lap" for instance.
Whatever is easiest for you.  You might want to post it publically so that
others may not report the same problems.  It's best NOT for you to correct the
file and then send it back to me as I am using Wordperfect for the master
files, so that they don't have line feeds at the end of every line and are
easier to edit.  Also, my master files have underlines and the like.
        As far as me simply posting an "update", I had thought of that and
might do it for version 3, but the problem is with all the "new" interviews I
have and all your corrections it will be hundreds of changes and it doesn't
seem practical.  Hopefully by Edition 2 I will have virtually all the older
interviews and then the updates to make Edition 3 won't be as bad.
        What exactly is happening with the capitalized questions??? Are they
wrapping over to the next line or are ending too soon??? Is it happening with
all the questions, or just some, and is it also happening with some of the
answers??? I can think of no reason why the questions would be different from
the answers.
        Yes, I need a cap!!!
        As far as the weird "little flea" quote from Cloudbusting, remember
that in the KBC, Kate often answered questions in a bizzare or misleading way.

Ron "The Outer Limits" Hill

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!rhill
ARPA: crash!pnet01!rhill@nosc.mil
INET: rhill@pnet01.cts.com