Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Songs From Liquid Days

From: judi@coyote.datalog.com (Judi McKernan)
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1991 17:06:00 -0800
Subject: Songs From Liquid Days
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

  Recently, a couple of love-hounds have mentioned that they think
"Songs From Liquid Days" (by Phillip Glass) verily stinks.

  I, for one, disagree. I really like this album! In my opinion, it has
a nice blend of classical/pop/rock/jazz aspects that give it a truly unique
feel for when I'm in the mood for something REALLY different. Plus, it's
nice to hear something totally bizarre and somewhat previously untried by
Laurie Anderson, David Byrne, Paul Simon, and Suzanne Vega, all of whom
are artists and lyricists I respect a great deal when it comes to their
other work. Plus, the vocals by the Roches and Linda Ronstadt are really
interesting, too. I really don't listen to this album all that horribly
often, but when I do, I never regret that I did.

  Of course, this album in no way comes near to the wonders achieved
by Her Wonderful Greatness, KaTe.....!

                 judi

(just an interesting side-note: Linda Ronstadt's brother is chief of
 police here in Tucson.... at least he was last time I checked.)