Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My DIDs

From: Greg Kushmerek <GKUSHMER@RUBY.TUFTS.EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1991 09:36:00 -0800
Subject: My DIDs
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Hello Kate fans!

After reading all the other DIDs, I thought I'd post my own.
So here goes:

If I found myself forced on a desert island, I couldn't possibly
put up with the same old discs year after year.  I'd eventually use
them for pretty mirrors and target practice.

Instead I would say "To hell with the discs, I'm taking the bands."
After all, I'd get a bit more of a musical selection.  And so I would
establish firm control of the food chain so that I might guarentee
music from the following groups:

1. Kate Bush -  But I'd also bring Petey Gabriel along as part of
   		the "band." (It's my island, they're my rules.) I mean,
		she'd need a friend.

2. The The - 	Matt Johnson might actually like the situation minus the
		fact that I'd be dictator.  Sinead would definitely count
		as part of the band.

3. Cocteau Twins - And I'd make damned sure to ask them for lyrics.

4. R.E.M. - Ditto above with the early stuff.  And it would sure be
	    nice to have a few Americans around.

5. Morrissey - but because I'd feel sorry for Johnny Marr, I'd stick
     	       Morrissey on the island across the bay with Polyphemus
               and then drag him over once in a while for a "reunion
	       tour."

6. The Boston Pops - with John WIlliams conducting.

7. Steel Pulse (you gotta dance, mon)

8. John Coltrain - except he's dead, the bastard.

9. The Breeders - and I'd stick in Black Francis for
		support so I could get a choice between Throwing Muses
		Pixies tunes.

10. A band of vicious skinheaded punks - Armed with your DIDs, I'd
		make them roam the rest of the island so that they
		could hunt the rest of you guys down and take your CD's,
		albums, and tapes.

And you'd better believe that I'd have Gilligan and the Professor there
so that I could keep a steady supply of electricity using seawater, a
palm tree, and two coconuts with GIlligan peddling on a bicycle.

"A-ha, A-ha, time to play!" - Pee Wee Herman

--gk