Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: NETnews <news@cis.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1991 09:57:46 -0800
To: rec-music-gaffa@cis.ohio-state.edu

Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
From: bilbo@chocktaw.cis.ohio-state.edu (William H Stoner III)
Subject: Re: Clannad
Sender: news@cis.ohio-state.edu (NETnews        )
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1991 17:57:39 GMT

In article <9107280332.AA04866@lewhoosh.umd.edu> jeffy@lewhoosh.umd.EDU writes:

>Currently, I have _Macalla_ and _PastPresent_, both of which I bought about
>a year ago.  Today, I bought _Fuaim_, on which Enya (Eithne) was a member
>of the band.  I seem to remember reading a year or two ago that Enya was only
>on this one album.  Is this true?

Enya is half-sister to Marie and yes Fuaim is the only album where she was an
"offical" member of the band she might have contributed some on others, I'm not
sure.

My collection consists of:
Clannad 2
Clannad In Concert
Fuaim
Magical Ring
Macalla
Pastpresent

the first three being mainly traditional with little if any wall-o-sound
keyboards, I tend to preffer that to the later stuff.  I didn't get hooked
on the newstuff until I took a week long sail from Chicago to Marquette MI
(in the UP) that stuff goes great with large bodies of water, and sailin on
them.  So take some to the sea...

>So, having spewed out all that, I guess what it comes down to is that my
>next Clannad albums, assuming I can find them, will be _Legend_ and_Magical
>Ring_ (both represented on _PastPresent_).  But what of their other older
>stuff?  How does it compare to _Fuaim_?

Even though Legend, Magical Ring, and Atlantic Realm are listed on PastPresent
I've never seen them in the stores (My copy of Magical Ring is a import that I
stumbled across in a used bin).  The earlier stuff is comming out on Shanachie
Records so far I've seen: In Concert, Fuaim, Clannad 2, Crann Ull and Dulaman
just came out, they might release the later stuff too but probably not as
BMG/RCA owns rights to it.  (the eariler albums are on Tara in the UK).

bilbo

--
"If you see me sittin' around thinking the same old |  William H. Stoner III
 thoughts over, and over again.  Or goin' back to   |  Systems Operator OSU CIS