Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

I can't believe I forgot The Innocence Mission!

From: gatech!chinet.chi.il.us!katefans@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Chris Williams)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1991 17:23:00 -0800
Subject: I can't believe I forgot The Innocence Mission!
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

Vickie here.

I can't believe I left The Innocence Mission off my DID list!
A dain-bramaged oversight, I assure you. Someone (_not_ from
a record company) gave me _Umbrella_ today and I've listened
to it at least 6 times. It is truly wonderful...

If you love their first album you will almost surely glow with
joy when you hear this.

If you don't like their first album, I don't know if this would
convert you, but who knows? I know there are some people who
don't like Karen's voice. The fella who gave me the cassette likes
the music but can't stand her voice or singing style. She hasn't
changed either since the first album. I still can't understand
95% of her lyrics. I can't wait to buy the CD so I can get the
lyrics. The album is very melodic and beautiful. I haven't picked
a favorite song yet, because I loved them all, but I'm seriously
leaning toward _Revolving Man_ at this time.

Anyway, both albums go in the "albums I'd take with me if I could" list.

Keith, if you're reading this, could you put me on TIM's mailing list?

Oh, I also forgot to add Mary Margeret O'Hara's _Miss America_ which
is another major oversight. I'll end up taking my entire record
collection 'cause I keep thinking of things.

Vickie
katefans@chinet.chi.il.us