Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re Purple

From: Sean Judge <sjudge@umaxc.weeg.uiowa.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1991 14:55:10 -0800
Subject: Re Purple
To: love-hounds@eddie.mit.edu

I hope you weren't being sarcastic in your last post Lazlo, or this post will
be laughed at (I am sure it will be anyway, Prince haters are very stubborn.)
But, I also hope that this collaboration occurs, even though I wonder how Kate
would sound under a funky sound.  I realize that to many people this may seem
a bizarre mix of favorites, but Kate Bush and Prince are the only two artists
that I collect as though every album, poster, interview, bootlegs, etc are
precious jewels.  I was into Prince shortly before I ever heard of Kate, but
as soon as I did, she edged Prince out of my daily personal playlist for quite
a while.  So, I am VERY excited to hear about the collaboration.  It's almost
like a fan of two movie stars (who were never thought to ever work together)
suddenly hears about a movie in which both actors participate (and under the
hand of this fan's favorite director, let's say.)  I am sure there will be
those hard-core anti-Prince/pro-pro-Kate people who are lapsing into comas
right now.  But let them turn their noses up.  They've only heard the stuff
Prince releases to the general public, and not his fusion jazz, or standard
jazz instrumentals, or his work for Miles Davis.  These people are only
listening on their Tipper Gore Brand record and CD players and hearing ONLY
the oftentimes corny (or horny, rather) words and not the music.