Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My DID's

From: jessica@athos.rutgers.edu (jessica)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1991 19:58:37 -0800
Subject: My DID's
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Ok, this was *really* hard. There's a lot of things i didn't include
that i really wanted to. But well, this is what it came down to.

These are in no particular order.
--------------------------------------
Kate Bush:	 Hounds of Love
     My first Kate album, and still my favorite.

Pink Floyd:      Wish You Were Here
     My favorite Pink Floyd album. Too bad I can't just list artists
     and say "everything"..

Sarah McLachlan: Touch
     Hard to choose between Enya (Enya) and this one, but this one is
     a bit more moving, more passionate, more fun to sing.

Eric Clapton:    Crossroads, Disc 2.
     Lots of songs I wouldn't want to be without. (white room, crossroads,
     badge, can't find my way home, let it rain, layla... )

Concrete Blonde: Concrete Blonde
     I wish I had room for all of Concrete Blonde, but this one's my
     favorite.

Danielle Dax:    Dark Adapted Eye
     What a weird and wild and really fun album, really great to sing
     to. *my* idea of a "party" album.

Happy Rhodes:    Warpaint
     So many songs that express things I feel so deeply, and excellent
     range and styles for singing to. A good workout for the lower range.

Beethoven:       Ninth Symphony
     At first I had Beethoven, then I decided I really needed some
     fleetwood mac and put that here, then i decided i really had to
     have this syphony. It'll give me some good classical music, and
     is super-super-super awesome to sing to.

Sinead O'Connor: The Lion and The Cobra
     Power, passion, intense. Excellent to sing with, workout vocally
     and emotionally. I don't sing this one without getting into it.

Marillion:       Clutching at Straws
     I'd miss Misplaced Childhood and others, but this one is my favorite.
     Lyrics and music I can never tire of. This one means a lot to me.

Whew!

I want to do this every year and see what changes...

But not more often than that! *shiver* the thought of having a limited
amount of music with me is just horrible.

		     jessica
--
|| jessica  || It is this that || Don't try to tell me there's no reason for ||
|| lawrence ||    brings us    || any moment in time, every memory of mine.  ||