Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: writing up that hill....

From: woj@remus.rutgers.edu (woj)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1991 19:12:20 -0800
Subject: Re: writing up that hill....
To: rec-music-gaffa@rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

R.L. McMillin sez:
>"...but remember, art should also be judged on its aims, as well. New
>Kids don't make transplendant (sic) promises with their works, or at
>least, none are expected of them. Without being presumptious (sic)
>with regard to Ms. Bush's intent, I suspect that she has loftier goals
>than thos set by the managemant of the New Kids."^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

larry spence sez:
>I detest NKOTB too, but do you guys realize how elitist the above sounds?

just to be a pain, is elitism all that bad? as long as you do get snobbish
about what you listen to ("KaTe is better'n mariah carey! nyah nyah!"), i
do not think that elitism in music is a bad thing. i'd much rather like
KaTe than the new kids for example. am i snobbish? no. am i elitist? well,
maybe. but so what?

on the other hand, who's to say that the kew kids' goals for their music
is more lofty than KaTe's?
--
woj -- woj@remus.rutgers.edu -- rewoicc@erenj.bitnet -- zengineer/dj for hire
 the pleasure of the aching void: fegmaniax-request@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu