Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: all these dids, all these biases

From: kanarick@bbn.com (Craig M. Kanarick)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1991 13:54:21 -0800
Subject: Re: all these dids, all these biases
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@bbn.com

In article <9107231911.AA26297@NADC.NADC.NAVY.MIL> fingerle@NADC.NADC.NAVY.MIL (J. Fingerle) writes:

I hate to be a nit-picker, but...

>P.S. the the Happy fans out there.  WXPR "listener supported public radio
                                     ^^^^

That's WXPN, 88.9 FM.  To say that it is "listener supported"is
a little misleading.  They *do* recieve a hefty sum of money from the
University, but overall, they do depend on monies from the public
to survive (I used to be a DJ there, and played quite a bit of KT at
the time).

>from the University of Penn" played a track from Warpaint on 22 July at
>noon.  The DJ commented offhandedly that *HE* would not recommend the CD-
>leading me to believe that the program director wanted it played.  Since
>I'm not involved with the Happy list, I posted this here, for what its
>worth.

As for my DIDs, here goes (in no particular order):

Hounds of Love - KaTe Bush
A Walk Across the Rooftops - The Blue Nile
Blood - This Mortal Coil
Heaven or Las Vegas - Cocteau Twins
Mingus Ah Um - Charlie Mingus
Night and Day - Various Artists (a Verve compilation of Cole Porter tunes)
Night and Day - Joe Jackson
Trust - Elvis Costello
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd (can it *not* be one?)
Regatta de Blanc - The Police

Hmmmm.  Interesting, I just made that list without trying to "think"
too much about it.  I mean, I don't listen to all of these every
day, but if I had to do without any of them for too long, I think
I would not be too happy a person.

-- Craig

ps.  While we are on the subject, the 5 in my changer right now are:
Hats - The Blue Nile
The White Room - The KLF
Eponymous - R.E.M.
Extractions - Dif Juz
Symphonie Pathetique (Symphony No. 6 in B minor, Op 74) - P. Tchaikovsky

						"Do I love you?  Yes, I
Craig M. Kanarick             			 love you.  All this talking,
kanarick@bbn.com				 talking, is only bravado..."
						 	- The Blue Nile