Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Th' Bard's Top Ten

From: mandorallen@st1.vuw.ac.nz
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1991 19:35:01 -0800
Subject: Th' Bard's Top Ten
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@rata.vuw.ac.nz (USENET News System)

1. Kate Bush - The Kick Inside
		Whenever I listen to this record, I freak out.
2. Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
		Ditto, to a higher degree.
3. Genesis - Foxtrot
		Genesis before that f*ckw*t Collins started singing. A must-
		listen for progressive-rock fans, esp. 24-min "Supper's Ready".
4. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
		Anyone who disagrees should be shot
5. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
		Mainly for the title track, and "Shine on You Crazy Diamond".
		Great to listen to at 1:30 am on Wednesday mornings.
6. Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother
		The title track is one of the greatest works of classical-
		rock fusion ever.
7. Moody Blues - Days of Future Passed
		And this is the other one. (includes "Nights in White Satin")
8. Moody Blues - In Search of the Lost Chord
		The ultimate in Meditation-rock. Great to listen to when in
		a susceptible state (i.e. stoned, meditating or recovering
		from albums 1 or 2).
9. Roger Waters - The Pros and Cons of Hitchiking.
		*NEVER* listen to this in a susceptible state. It is far too
		scary, and will drive you insane and doubly incontinent.
10. Kate Bush - The Sensual World
		Need I say more? (MMMMMMMM YES!!!)

Needless to say, most of these albums are older than I am. :-)
--
This was the Bard, Anthony Hobbs... mandorallen@st1.vuw.ac.nz, and proud of it.
"Save Electricity - Destroy Your VAX NOW!!!" - Th' Bard, 1991.