Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1991-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A few thoughts

From: ryan@alpha.ces.cwru.edu (Ryan McGuire)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1991 08:48:14 -0800
Subject: A few thoughts
To: <love-hounds@HAYES.IMS.ALASKA.EDU>
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@usenet.ins.cwru.edu

    I've been having a few thoughts none of which merit their own article:

    1.	Wouldn't one's birthday be a great time to announce the schedule
	for one's upcoming tour.  Everyone keep your ears and eys pealed.

    2.	I just bought the _Passing Through Air_ CD for too much money.
	Does anyone know what the going price should be for this disc?
	It has some songs I had never heard before, such as _A Rose
	Growing Old_, _Really Gets Me Going_, _Disbelieving Angel_, and
	a duet with Peter Gabriel _Another Day_.

    3.	For all you party hosts here is a recipe for Seedcake:

	Take all ingredients out of the refrigerator and let them sit
	until at room temp.
	Preheat oven to 375.
	Sift		1 teaspoon salt
			4 teaspoon baking powder
	into		4 cup flour.
	Cream 		1.5 cup butter.
	Add and continue creaming until light
			3 cup sugar.
	Add		8 eggs
	one at a time and continue beating after each egg.
	Slowly add in the flour mixture and
			1 cup milk
			2 teaspoon vanilla
	mixing the whole time.
	Finally (and this is what makes this ordinary pound cake a seed cake)
	add		1 teaspoon poppy seed.
			(Maybe it's supposed to be 1 tablespoon.  Oh well,
			 start with a teaspoon, and if that doesn't look
			 like enough, add two more teaspoons.)

	Pour into two 9x9 pans or two 4.5x8 loaf pans.  I plan on using
	cup cake tins myself.  If using the loaf pans you can line with
	parchment, leaving excess out the sides, before pouring batter
	in so that removal is easier.  If desired you can lightly dust the
	final product with confectioner's sugar.

    4.	A recipe for Coffee Homeground
	Grind		Coffee
	Add		Arsenic (optional)

    5.	Who has net access from their party site?  Anyone up for some
	Internet Relay Chat, IRC, during the festivities?

Ryan

--
Some say that knowledge is something that you never have.  | Ryan McGuire
Some say that knowledge is something sat down in your lap. |